The 2020 edition was organized as a virtual edition. After two successful editions, the third annual forum of Youth IGF India 2020 was organized
virtually over the span of 3 days, i.e., from 30 th Oct – 1st Nov 2020. This year, the event had sessions covering topics in the overarching themes of Data, Trust, Inclusion, and Environment. The event saw a participation of 120 youth from all across the world with participants from India, Ghana, Singapore, Benin, Australia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Uganda, Nigeria.
The event recognized by the United Nations Internet Governance Forum Secretariat was also supported by Facebook and powered by the India School of Internet Governance (InSIG) this year. The three-day event had 19 sessions(which included two closed-door sessions for the fellows of YIGF India 2020) with 29 speakers. There were various session formats that opted to keep the learning and discussions engaging and interactive. The sessions were a mix of Keynote, Interactive classrooms sessions, Panel discussions, Group Activities, and a Multistakeholder roleplay for the fellows.
In addition to having zealous participation by the diverse attendees and hosting high-quality discussions, here are some more highlights of the third annual YIGF India 2020 forum,
● The three-day event had sessions covering diverse critical IG topics such as Cybersecurity, ICT and Environmental Sustainability, Inclusion, Mental health and
internet, digital literacy.
● YIGF India introduced ‘Environment’ as a theme.
● Renowned expert keynote speakers:
○ Inaugural Keynote by Ms. Anja Gengo, NRI Initiative Coordinator, United Nations Internet Governance Forum.
○ Keynote by Lt. Gen. Dr. Rajesh Pant, National Cyber Security Coordinator, Government of India on the theme: Data and Trust.
○ Keynote by Dr. Thomas Lindhqvist, Senior Lecturer at Lund University, Sweden on the theme: Environment.
● Various policy recommendations were proposed by YIGF India 2020 fellows during the Censorship and Right to Expression Multi-Stakeholder roleplay.