The Youth Internet Governance Forum India Fellowship aims to provide focused mentorship and guidance to the best young minds who are enthusiastic and equipped with that urge to know and contribute to technology, policy and society.
- To provide a platform to engage, collaborate and take action on internet governance policies and regulations.
- To help fellows build skills and knowledge in internet governance by engaging with industry players.
- To help fellows understand the policy and technology space from a career prospects perspective.
- To provide them with a platform to forge connections with stakeholders in the internet governance landscape.
- Provide financial support to all fellows to assist them in attending the annual forum in Hyderabad.
- Indian national currently living in India
- Age bracket 18-30
- Able to demonstrate an interest in the field of internet governance
- Experience in working with or contributing to IG will be a bonus.
- Must be available and actively engage in fellowship sessions and meetings
Expectations from Fellows
- Able to dedicate 4 hours a week for two months
- Active participation in the conference
- Engagement in post-Youth IGF India sessions for fellows
- Commitment to actively engage and effectively contribute to the IG ecosystem post-event
- Should be available to travel to Hyderabad to attend the 5th edition of Youth IGF India 2022
Why Join Us?
- Be a part of the selected cohort of brilliant young minds motivated to engage and contribute to the Internet Governance space.
- Opportunity to engage in mentorship webinars and team discussions prior to the conference on diverse topics of IG.
- Dedicated sessions during the conference to provide the fellows with a focused exposure to the issues of Internet governance as well as an opportunity to interact with the relevant stakeholders.
- Receive appreciation certificate after successful completion of the fellowship.
- Opportunity to attend the annual forum in person in Hyderabad.
- Be a part of the Youth IGF India fellow’s community.
Important Dates to Note:
|Fellowship applications open||11.08.2022|
|Fellowship application close||21.08.2022|
|Selected fellows announcement||26.08.2022|
|Orientation and on-boarding of fellows||28.08.2022|
|Mentorship of fellows||28.08.2022 to 18.09.2022|
|Offline meet-up of fellows before the event||24.09.2022|
|5th edition of YIGF India||25.09.2022|
Week 1: What-Why-How of Internet Governance
Week 2: Internet as a Human Right
Week 3: Emerging technologies and regulatory frameworks
Week 4: Stakeholder roleplay, engagement opportunities in IG