Register to participate in the Youth IGF India Annual Forum 2023!
28th September 2023
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT),
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I participate in Youth IGF India annual forum at IIT-Guwahati?
- Gain a deeper understanding of emerging technology advancements and policy developments in the national and global space.
- Since we are a United Nations IGF recognized forum, meaningful inputs from the forum will be consolidated and sent to the UN IGF post event in our official report. Your messages will be in the report!
- Networking with domain experts and brilliant peers to explore collaborations in the technology and policy space for the future
- Develop practical advocacy skills for youth for engagement in internet governance related policy discussions
What is the forum all about? Where can I find the program details?
At the annual forum, you will hear from leaders from government, civil society, technology executives, think tanks and academia. Youth and global digital leaders are expected to attend in person this year, engaging in meaningful deliberations on cybersecurity, AI regulation, digital inclusion, and more.
This annual forum will consist of interactive workshops and collaborative sessions. Key speakers include Anja Gengo (National and Regional IGF Initiatives Focal Point, UN IGF Secretariat), Maarten Botterman (Board Director, ICANN), and other Internet governance domain experts.
It is a single day event starting at 8:00 am IST till 6:30pm IST on 28th September 2023. The complete agenda can be found on our website by 25th September 2023.
Do I need to pay for the event? Can anyone participate?
- Participation in the event is free of cost
- The event is open for all. Although we aim to empower youth through the forum and give them a platform to discuss critical tech-policy issues, we believe the discussions must be intergenerational. Everyone including individuals of all age groups and professional backgrounds are invited to the event after registration.
Can you elaborate on the “hybrid format” of the event? Can I join offline?
- The forum is supporting a hybrid format. You can either join online or on-site at IIT Guwahati. However, do note that, we will only be providing certificates to on-site participants.
- For online participants, joining links and related information will shared in a detailed email after their registration
I am registering to participate on-site. What do I need to be aware of?
- You are responsible for your travel to the forum.
- Snacks and lunch during the event will be provided to all registered participants. Lunch coupons will be given in the morning between 8am IST – 9am IST on 28th September and have to be collected in-person within the allocated time.
- You will be required to come with a government issued ID card to enter the IIT Guwahati premises and collect your Youth IGF India ID cards.
- Certificate will be only be provided to on-site participants upon successful participation throughout the event. These certificates will be sent online after the forum.
What is the last date to register? Is registration mandatory?
Registration is mandatory for your participation in the annual forum. Last day to register is 26th September 10pm IST.