Youth IGF India 2022 Fellowship
1. What is YIGF India?
Youth IGF is a platform created by young people to involve youth in thought leadership in Internet governance. The idea is to encourage and empower them to inform technological developments and public policy discussions.
2. Why should I apply for the Fellowship?
The Fellowship is designed to provide targeted mentorship for someone interested in or with experience working in any of the verticals of Internet governance, such as data, trust, inclusion, and environment, among other things, and who wants to explore it with reference to real-world implications.
3. What are the benefits of participating in this Fellowship?
i. Opportunity to interact and collaborate with thought leaders and IG domain experts from the technology and policy space.
ii. Opportunity for peer networking
iii. After the successful completion of the Fellowship program within the deadline, you will be awarded a Certificate of Appreciation.
iv. Depending on your interest and eligibility, you could win an opportunity to work with national and international stakeholders who are actively involved in contributing to Internet Governance and related spaces.
v. Be a part of the Youth IGF India fellow’s community.
vi. Opportunity to publish your article on our website post successful completion of your Fellowship.
4. What is the exact duration of the Fellowship?
It will start from 26th August 2022 and end around 25th September 2022, 30 days in total, including weekends. Once the conference ends, you would be required to submit a rapporteur report on any of the sessions of the conference and a report on your learning within 500 words. The topic will be given during the last day of the Annual event.
5. What will my fellowship/work week look like?
Your week will consist of collaborative workshops and different interactive sessions with eminent stakeholders. You will also get the opportunity to receive the additional mentorship webinar prior to the conference to strengthen the foundations of the concepts of Internet Governance. Proactive participation will be appreciated.
6. Can I attend the event online?
No, your in-person presence is mandatory for all selected fellows and to attend the 5th Annual Forum organized in IIIT, Hyderabad. This is also a mandatory requirement for successful completion of your Fellowship.
7. Will accommodation and travel support be provided during the Annual forum event in Hyderabad?
Yes, accommodation and travel support will be provided to all the selected fellows. The expenses of accommodation in a 2-star rated hotel near the venue campus will be borne by Youth IGF India. The accommodation shall be provided only for the night of 24th September. Travel support shall be partly covered by Youth IGF India. The amount which can be reimbursed is ascertained on a case-to-case basis.
The benchmark amount for the cost of a round trip to the Fellowship via third-AC train journey from source to destination will be partly covered. Food will be provided during the sessions.
8. If I get selected, is there a scope for me to attend the Annual forum online via platforms?
No, you can’t attend the forum online or via live-streaming. It is a pre-requisite for the fellows to attend the conference at the venue.
9. I want to stay for a day or two after the event. Is there an option for me to extend the stay?
You can extend the stay by bearing the charges on your own. Youth IGF India shall not be responsible for arranging accommodation facilities to the fellows after the end of the conference.
10. I currently live in Hyderabad. Will I receive local travel support within Hyderabad and accommodation?
Selected fellows who are currently staying in Hyderabad are not eligible to receive any accommodation or travel support.
11. Will there be some sort of monetary benefit associated with the Fellowship program? Is there a provision for stipend if I get selected?
No, apart from the accommodation and partial travel support there will not be any provision of stipend.
12. Will I get reimbursement for data recharges for the online training sessions?
No, unfortunately we won’t be able to provide internet/data support.